Join us on Feb. 1 for a webinar featuring insights from one of the first projects in the Gulf Ecosystem Initiative and information on the current Request for Proposals.
Topic: Gulf of Mexico Synthesis Research: Offshore Wind Project and Open Request for Proposals
Date/Time: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 9am Central / 10am Eastern
The Gulf Ecosystem Initiative (GEI) is a $3.5 million partnership between the National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) and the NOAA RESTORE Science Program to fund synthesis science and postdoctoral research in the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf Ecosystem Initiative’s second Request for Proposals for synthesis science projects is now open. Proposals are due March 15, 2024. In this webinar, you will learn more about the initiative and hear from one of the first working groups awarded. Holden Harris, from NOAA’s Southeast Fisheries Science Center (SEFSC), and his team will present on their project, which is focused on facilitating strategic, science-based offshore wind energy infrastructure planning by evaluating its potential impacts on fish and fisheries. Two postdoctoral researchers contributing to the project will also share their insights and experiences.
- Caitlin Young, Science Coordinator, NOAA RESTORE Science Program
- Hannah Brown, Communications & Engagement Specialist, NOAA RESTORE Science Program
- Holden Harris, Marine & Coastal Systems Ecologist, University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Sciences/NOAA Southeast Fisheries Science Center
- Willem Klajbor, Senior Research Associate, University of Miami Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Sciences/NOAA Atlantic Oceanographic & Meteorological Laboratory/NOAA Southeast Fisheries Science Center
- Shayna Sura, Postdoctoral Researcher, Gulf Ecosystem Initiative
- Ray Czaja, Postdoctoral Researcher, Gulf Ecosystem Initiative
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Please note: this webinar will be recorded and shared online.