National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA’s) RESTORE Science Program will be participating in a panel session titled, “Science Supporting the Resiliency and Long-Term Sustainability of the Gulf of Mexico” at the 7th National Summit on Coastal and Estuarine Restoration and 24th Biennial Meeting of The Coastal Society. The session will take place on Monday, November 3 from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT in room Chesapeake AB. The session will be an interactive forum that includes brief presentations from science and restoration programs focused on the Gulf of Mexico. The list of panelists includes:
- Jon Porthouse, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s Gulf Environmental Benefit Fund
- Mary Erickson, NOAA’s RESTORE Science Program
- Chuck Wilson, Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative
- Russ Beard, Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council
- Maggie Walser, National Academy of Sciences Gulf Research Program
The audience will hear from each program about current and upcoming opportunities and engage in a dynamic panel session with all of the speakers about resiliency and sustainability in the Gulf.